Friday 25 January 2013

Final Thought on the Course

Favourite assignment:
My favourite assignment this year was defiantly the bucket list project.  I really enjoyed this project because I thought that it was a lot of fun to put it together.  I really enjoy creating visual projects because I love taking pictures and editing them.  With this project I was able to use all of my original pictures and put them all together to make a nice video.  Not only that but it was actually really fun thinking of all of the things I want to accomplish before I die.  In the end I really enjoyed this project and I hope that it stays in the course because I think that lots of students really like it as well. 

Least favourite assignment:
My least favourite assignment would have to be the twitter fiction.  Although it was a cool way to try a new form of writing, I am not the most creative writer.  I don't really enjoy coming up with ideas to write about.  It is hard for me, so i found this project a little bit more challenging.  With that being said it did force me kind of out of my comfort zone of writing.  Not only did I need to comeup with an idea to write about but also post it for all of the world to see.  In the end although I didn't really enjoy this prject, it was a good chgallenge for me and taught me new things.

Friday Reading:
For me, I have never been much of a reader.  It wasn't like I hated reading but I never really had the motivation to sit down and read a book.  With the friday reading in this course, I have actually started to love reading.  Although I don;t have much time at home to read, I still really enjoy it.   Friday classes were perfect for this because it gave you a break at the end of the week and you could fall into a book.  I loved having an hour a week just dedicated to reading.  This semester just over Fridays, I got through about 4 books, which I am proud of myself for. 

Monday Written Reflection:
The written reflection that we had to do on mondays, was never my favourite thing to do.  Even though I didn't really enjoy it, I found that it did help me better understand the stories.  Not only that but it also helped me relate the stories to my life and by doing that the book gets more interesting.  In the end, I think even though these reflections can be a little bit of a pain, they are worth it in the end.

Blogging:
Blogging was a new thing for me this year.  I really enjoyed learning how to blog.  At first I didn't think that I really liked it but as i started blogging more often it grew on me.  I like the idea how all of my assignments are organized on one website.  This assures I won't lose assignments and I can also work on them wherever I go.  On top of that, I like the idea that people who have the same interests as you can come and look on your blog.  They can leave comments and talk about the thigns that we have posted. 

Tweeting
I really like the idea of using twitter for class work.  This was very useful when we did things like the presentations, where we would tweet our comments to the presenter.  I also really liked tweeting items on our bucket lists.  On top of that, twitter is also a way to compunicate with famous people.  I was able to have responses from one of the Dragons from Dragons Den as well as a well known cheerleader.  I find this really awesome that we can compunicate with people through twitter that we most likely will never have a chance to meet in real life.

The Technology
Technology was clearly a huge part in this course.  I really enjoyed this.  To be honest if we would have stuck to pens and paper the whole year I probably would have got very bored.  Using technoloy is a perfect way in my opnion to get the interest of our generation.  It makes everything more exciting and opens up a lot more oppertunities.  Because of technology we are able to share our work with the world and create a good portfolio of ourselves. 

What did I Learn?
I learned so  much throughout this course this semester.  One of the thigns that I learned about myself is that I really enjoy representing things with visuals.  I love adding pictures and videos to all of my assignments.  On top of that, I have learned that I really enjoy reading.  Without this course, I probably wouldn't have picked up a book more than a couple of times a year.  Now I am more interested in reading and hope to do it a lot more often. 

Compliments:
I really enjoyed this course.  I learned a lot and I really enjoyed everything that we did.  I loved creating a blog and how we incorperated twitter with some of the assignments that we did.  I would definately reccomend this course for people next year!

Advice for Future Students:
I don't really have that much advice for future students.  If anything it would just be to keep up with all of the assignments.  We did do a lot in this course, but we were also given suficient time in class to cpmplete it all.  On top of that, keep up with the personal additions on your blog.  It is easy to fall behind on them but if you do 1 every 2 or 3 days that will be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment